12 Days of Christmas Crafts: Day 4
Things you need:
* Plain T-Shirt in any light color, that will accommodate the hilds footprint
* Brown Acrylic Paint or brown fabric paint
* Foam brush
* Googly eyes
* Red pompom or jingle bell (bells must be sewn on for safety).
* Wet towel
* Your child
Things to do:
1. Fold newspaper and place inside the t-shirt, so your printing doesn’t come through to the back of the shirt. Its best to keep this in for the entire project.
2. Fill a container with brown paint and using your brush or sponge, paint a piece of newspaper,with a thick enough layer of paint to accommodate printing 3 times.
3. Start with the foot, and place it in the paint. Have the child stand with the painted foot, in the middle of the shirt. 4. Pull the foot from the shirt, and put it on the wet towel. This stops the child from sticking to anything with paint, as well as removing the paint.
5. Repeat step 4 using the child’s hands. Place the handprints on either side of the footprint to represent the reindeer antlers.
6. Using Fabric Glue, place on the eye’s and nose of your extremely Unique “Rudolf” the Red Nosed Reindeer. You can also use a jingle bell instead of the pompom, and decorate the “antlers” with other decorations such as smaller glittery pompoms if you like. Imagination is the key!
7. Allow to dry completely before wearing.
NOTE: Washing the shirt will remove the design, consider using permanent fabric paint to ensure your design doesn’t disapear in the wash, or create your craft on construction paper to keep year after year!