Keeping your Kids Healthy During Flu Season
Today Kid Ventures is reminding patrons of the basic steps you can take to stay healthy as well as the center’s initiatives to protect visitors.
With all of the sniffly germs out there, it’s important to remind ourselves of the basics to keep healthy:
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to stop the spread of germs.
• Stay home if you get sick.
• Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
• Develop a family emergency plan as a precaution. This should include storing a supply of food, medicines, facemasks, alcohol-based hand rubs and other essential supplies.
Kid Ventures is doing its part to keep all of our little (and big) visitors healthy and safe. We reserve the right to refuse service to any germs at Kid Ventures. If you are a germ and want to come and play, don’t even try it. We’ll stop you before you even get in the door. Here’s how:
• No sickies allowed! If you or your little one has the sniffles, please wait a few days before coming to Kid Ventures; we will still be here waiting for you once you are better.
• To ensure the cleanest possible environment, every day we thoroughly disinfect and clean all equipment, costumes, play structures and anything else you can touch, walk on, sit on, lean on, put in your mouth…and on and on and on.
• We keep Kid Ventures ventilated and circulating throughout the day with clean air filters and a powerful new A/C system. We keep air moving to ensure that no germs can hang out at Kid Ventures.
• You’ll find disinfectant hand wash In every corner of Kid Ventures, so wash your hands before and after playing and snacking.
• Kid Ventures is a controlled environment to ensure that you have the best possible experience and keep safe and clean. For this reason, we don’t allow outside food and insist that all children and adults remove their shoes (socks only) before entering Kid Ventures.